Monday, October 13, 2008

Artistic Undertakings

Has there ever been a talent that you wished you had? I would say for me that I wish I had a more artistic hand. I was thrilled when I painted a mural on my son's wall and he called me an artist. I thought that this was the greatest compliment.

Today I came by a blog by Matt Lopez. You have to see his drawings. I was especially ennamoured with his picture of the beanstalk.

I read somewhere that one artist would draw over 100 pictures of the same object, trying to look at it closer and closer to explore it in 100 different ways. I keep thinking that we should try this. Maybe we'll try at least a few. I'll scan them and let you know.

1 comment:

Matthew Lopez said...

wow, im really flattered that you enjoyed my artwork so much and thanks for linking me.

Ill be looking out for those 100 drawings. have fun with them !