Saturday, September 20, 2008

What does your home school look like?

I love finding a fellow homeschooler to talk to. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to speak at length with a friend who I knew homeschooled but with whom I rarely have had a chance to talk to about it. It was extra special because she took me down to their school. We don’t have anything nearly so formal – our school work occurs at the dining room table, on my bed, or on the couch. There is no dedicated section of our house. In their house the cellar is their school. As soon as I walked down the stairs, I knew why Paula and I got along so well – books, books, books. She had shelves and shelves of books. She also had set up work stations for the kids and had a white board to work on and a desk area for herself. It was awesome. I’m not sure that we will ever go that way, but I sure admire her set up.

What does your homeschooling area look like? Is there even a designated area?

No comments: