Monday, September 8, 2008

Library Lock-in

Ok, I’ll go from writing about too much to do to being excited about one of the activities. We received an invitation to a Lock-in at the local library. The homeschooling community is going to have a sleepover with literary scavenger hunts, a video game area, movies, authors’ reading their work. As Regenia said, “Don’t plan to get too much sleep.” I wasn’t too sure how the kids were going to react, but both said they were in so I have signed us up.

Of course since our group is well known for its cooperative management, I now have to think of some activity that might blend with what they have planned. I’ll have to really think on this one.

One of the great things is that it will cost me a whopping $15. $5 for each of us and that will cover the cost of pizza. I love when cheapness collides with fun and education.

I encourage you to find a homeschooling group if you haven’t already. If you have found one but did not mesh with it, I encourage you to look again. We are very lucky that we found a great group right from the beginning.

No comments: