Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Website Wednesday - Homeschool resources



My favorite Christmas gift magazine came in the mail today. It is packed with terrific ideas for “educational” toys. I have ordered from Museum Tour several times and have always been satisfied with their service and the products that I received. They also have some neat educational activities on their site like: detarnishing old pennies, making your own ice cream, and creating balloon cars.



Another great website for easy, fun activities is activities is PBS’ Zoom. My friend, Jenn, and I actually used many of these activities to create a science co-op.

My favorite homeschooling magazine is Home Education magazine. Yes, I’m slightly biased since they have published my writing, but I have adored their magazine prior to ever writing for them. If you hurry you can take advantage of their current special $20.00 for 6 issues instead of the regular $32.


We use portions of the Alpha Omega curriculum. It has worked well as the core of our homeschool lessons. I don’t hesitate to add to the base Alpha Omega subjects and occasionally I may slightly alter something that they have included. Basically though, Alpha Omega forms the support post which all else is hung. Particularly, we use their Alpha Omega, from Christian Book Distributors, or from Amazon.

No comments: