Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dutch Oven Cooking


Homeschooling with heart sometimes means that you do something illogical. Tonight DS and I cooked dinner on an open fire. Did we really have time to do it? NO. Was it the most effective way to cook? NO. Did I do it anyway? Yes.

DS has gotten involved in Dutch oven cooking because of Boy Scouts. He has been enjoying it when they go camping, so tonight he wanted to share one of the recipes he made. So tonight we had Dutch Oven Pot Roast with carrots and potatoes.




DH loves Dutch Oven cooking too, but I think desserts are his favorites. He especially like to make cobblers? DS seems to be fully involved he wants to make soups, side dishes, main dishes, breads, and desserts. We may have a culinary master born 150 years too late.
Note: This is also another great site for recipes.

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

Looks like fun. I prefer desserts in the dutch oven too, (like your DH) but my Eagle Scout can cook pretty much anything in it. When we got married, that was one of the things he insisted we "needed", and I told him that was all him, since I had no idea what to do with it! I have learned a little, but I mostly leave open fires as his domain!
Enjoy!