Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Can't Go Over it, Then Why Not Under it?

Sometimes when you homeschool, you wonder if you are on track. Are your kids going to make it in the outside world? Have I deprived them of something that they can never regain?

And then sometimes, you wonder . . .and I graduated from school (and college)??? How did that happen?

We have started letting our dog have roam of the house when we go to bed and when we go out. However, he has still been know to get into the cat liter. So I figured if we put up a baby gate, the cat could get in and the dog would stay out. But I could only find the very tall gate, I wasn't sure if the cat could jump that high. I must have verbalized my fear, because I hear from DS, "Mom, why don't you just put in up higher so that the cat can just go UNDER it but the dog can't?"

Wow, that made a lot of sense. I guess he got the critical thinking portion of our homeschool curriculum beat.

No comments: