Saturday, August 9, 2008

Scheduling Blogs for Wednesdays & Fridays

I swear I do some of my best thinking when I am not i.e. in bed and in the bathroom. Don’t even ask about the second that is worthy of a whole other post. Suffice it to say that whenever I was stuck on a problem at work, if I broke walked away to go to the restroom, I undoubtedly would come running back to my desk with the solution. My secretary just thought that this was weird and would often send me to the ladies room if she heard me grumbling at my desk too much. Anyway, last night an idea came to mind for this blog. Fortunately, I have learned to keep a pen and paper by my bed stand so that the idea did not evaporate into the night. I have decided that on Wednesdays and Fridays we will have a reoccurring theme: Website Wednesdays and Fact Filled Fridays. I will post on these days, but I hope that you too will comment so that we can share some great ideas.

Website Wednesdays can include Blogs, educational websites, or any intriguing information on the web that can help us all homeschool better. Maybe it is a site for a great curriculum or a site with lots of information about current events. Perhaps, it is a blog of a fellow homeschooler or a place to get great worksheets. I look forward to hearing about some of your favorite sites.

A Friday of Fun Facts will be like no other. I don’t know about you, but I hear facts all week long that I find fascinating and I want to tell someone, so let’s share them with each other. This idea came together because of the Olympics last night. As our family tried to figure out what order the countries were coming in in the announcer explained that what seemed random to the Western world actually made a great deal of sense in Chinese. The counties were put in order of the number of strokes needed to write their name. Also, the NPR show “Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me” has always piqued my current events interest. Facts can be fascinating. And I think most homeschoolers are fascinated by them by nature. So let’s collect our interesting facts and then share them on Friday.

I hope that these sound like interesting ideas and that you will join me in creating Website Wednesday and Fact Filled Fridays.

No comments: