Sunday, August 31, 2008

Passing the Hunter Safety Course

They did it. All three of them, my husband, daughter, and son, passed their hunters course. I expected my husband to. After quizzing my daughter, I was sure she was going to. But with all my DS’s reading issues, I just wasn’t sure. The test was 100 questions long: 50 true/ false, 50 multiple choice. Frankly, I wasn’t sure he would even make it through reading it all and I know a year and a half ago there is no way he could of. Today not only did he read it, he received an 84% on the test.

As any of you who homeschool know, we are all very confident on the outside about what we do, but inside we worry if we have made a mistake. This was a great test for me to see that they could both survive outside my extended womb.

Of course my husband points out that we have now just gotten both of our children certified to carry weapons, but I have been very pleased with both of their responsibility in this area. And as a mom who grew up without weapons around, I have been impressed with both their shooting ranges safety and now the hunter’s course safety focus. Also, I know they don’t have the combo to the safe.

No comments: